2016 has sucked a bag of dicks. For me it was full of loss. The only good thing I've lost this year are a few pounds. As I have mentioned before, I don't like "resolutions" ...to me "resolutions" are delusional people's irrational wishes, that inevitably set them up for failure. For me I like to make a list of things I want to consciously work on; not perfect...
- Say "No" More. I am a people pleaser, and to make everyone happy I am constantly going and doing things that'd I'd rather not do. This year if I am tired and it's your birthday, I will rain check.
- Drink Less Diet Coke.
- Stress Less. I overthink and over analyze everything. I try and keep my cool, but I am a bottle of nerves, and the stress comes out through my body with flare-ups of psoriasis...which then stresses me out even more.
- Travel More.
- Save Money. If I have money in my account, I will spend it... like it's literally burning a hole in my pocket. Savings account? -Whats that?
- Take Better Care Of Myself. I work myself very hard. Whether it's at the gym, work, or play...I go balls to the wall. I need more sleep in 2017.
- Volunteer. ...going back to #6, I don't have much free time, but animal rescue carries a huge weight on my heart. Every-little-bit helps, and prioritizing my time to help these animals could be a few hours that helps save their lives.
- Put Myself First. I like to think I treat myself, but buying myself shoes isn't putting myself first. I seem to take on everyone's problems and feelings over my own. I want to continue to be a good friend, but take care of myself first and foremost.
Before we start our clean slate, lets take a look back at my favorite looks from 2016: